Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) in Waterloo, Iowa, is seeking a Lead Pastor to join its team. GFC is part of the Charis Fellowship of Churches. Their mission statement is Adoring, Obeying, and Proclaiming Jesus Together. The Lead Pastor of Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) will be responsible for the preaching and teaching of the Word of God, prayer, edifying and equipping the saints for the work of ministry and setting a biblical example of Christian conduct.
What you’ll be doing:
• Partner with Assist Church Expansion to implement the revitalization process at Grace Fellowship Church.
• Preaching and teaching of the Word of God; edifying and equipping the church for the work of ministry; prayer, counseling, and setting a biblical example of Christian conduct.
• Shepherding the church by investing in the spiritual welfare of the members of the congregation.
• Assisting GFC to reach the community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by helping to develop and champion effective outreach and evangelistic initiatives.
• Overseeing the discipleship ministries of the church.
• Planning and leading weekly staff meetings and supervise the day to day activities of the other staff members.
What skills you need to have:
• Strong leadership
• Excellent teaching and communication skills
• Administration skills
• A Shepherd’s heart
• Team player
Waterloo is a largely blue-collar farming community and is the county seat of Black Hawk County, Iowa. It is part of the larger Waterloo-Cedar Falls Metropolitan area totaling over 200,000 residents. It is an ethnically diverse community known for a shared commitment to hard work, resiliency, and kindness to neighbors. Waterloo is also home to many family friendly recreational attractions, such as the Lost Island Water Park. The area also has multiple golf courses and city parks, an arboretum, George Wyth State Park, and many miles of nature trails for walking or biking. Iowa is absolutely beautiful during the summer months. If you take a drive outside the city, you will see mile after mile of rolling farmland filled with corn and soybean fields. It’s like being part of a living Norman Rockwell painting.
If this sounds like an environment where you would like to serve, click here to apply!