Hillside Fellowship believes that Jesus Changes Everything! Our communications team is focused on our mission of making disciples by cultivating communication channels and materials that lead people into a deeper relationship with Jesus. The Digital Communications Coordinator will support the Communications Team Lead with the development of internal and external communications in a way that consistently focuses on and articulates Hillside’s mission, vision, and core values. The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for the management and execution of Hillside’s digital communications, including, but not limited to, our mobile app, website, social media, and email communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to promote ministry-specific events and ministry-specific content on our digital platforms consistent with Hillside’s communication strategy, branding, and style guide.
- Implement and manage Hillside’s social media strategy (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) by creating inviting and engaging content, measuring its success, and responding to comments in a WINSOME way while staying current with the latest best practices and techniques.
- Manage and coordinate our Social Media Monitor Serve Team schedule while developing relationships with them, focused on making disciples.
- Responsible for creating and distributing Hillside’s monthly newsletter and other church-wide email communications, aligning with the current communications strategy.
- Responsible for updating and managing Hillside’s website and app, providing up-to-date content, information on upcoming events, sermon content, etc., and coordinating with and deploying the Web Development Serve Team when appropriate.
- Coordinate with all third-party contractors related to digital communications projects.
- Manage the master content calendar under the direction of the Communications Team Lead.
- Performs other special projects and communications duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and embodies the culture/values of Hillside (Galatians 5:22-23).
- A minimum of three years of experience in communications is required; experience in a ministry setting is preferred.
- Must have expertise working with digital media production techniques. A college degree in a communications-related field is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships in virtual spaces with expertise in best practices and current trends within the social media landscape.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong project management skills, and the ability to be a servant-leader.
- Proficiency with multiple computer programs, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Mailchimp, Asana, Craft CMS (or similar), and social media platforms, including Meta, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to pass a background check is required.
- Must be a member of Hillside Fellowship or willing to pursue membership.
SCHEDULE: Sun-Thurs, as well as occasional evening/weekend responsibilities
BENEFITS: Per employee handbook