Autumn Ridge Church in Rochester, Minnesota, is seeking an individual to serve as the AR|Kids Ministry Director, providing leadership in ministry to the 0-5th grade children and families already connected to Autumn Ridge. The AR|Kids Ministry Director will champion the discipleship and leadership development pathways for children who are already following Jesus. Along with working to engage the thousands of children and families with no connection to any church, this leader will actively seek to build trust in the community with local schools and other organizations serving children.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the AR|Kids Ministry and volunteer leaders to implement a welcoming, safe, intentional, and engaging ministry
- Leading and building into the Kids Ministry Staff Team
- Being the vision caster, champion, and ministry developer to AR|Kids
- Implementing discipleship and leadership pathways for children that empower, equip, and encourage them to follow Jesus for life
- In partnership with other ministries in the church and the community, leading Autumn Ridge to be Gospel-influencers to as many children in the area as possible
What skills you need to have:
- Understand and anticipate the theological, spiritual, and cultural questions that are being asked by children who are curious, skeptical, or hurting
- Have some experience and/or education in ministry to children
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity
- Be passionate about kids ministry
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
Rochester, MN is home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic and an ideal location to impact the Kingdom both locally and globally. It was named by Livability.com as one of the Top 100 Best Places to live, featuring the many opportunities to enjoy running, hiking, skating, skiing, walking, golf, fishing, and many other outdoor activities. Autumn Ridge has served this community for 160 years, sharing the love and hope of Jesus Christ.