The Human Resources Director will proactively foster a culture of inclusivity, innovation, and continuous development, ensuring the well-being, engagement, and growth of those who serve at Pathfinder. This position will report to the Senior Pastor and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Engagement.
· Spearhead all facets of talent acquisition for the church and school, including but not limited to:
· Positions and Job Descriptions: Collaborate with hiring managers in creating job descriptions for positions that accurately reflect the skills and competencies needed, and determine the best platforms for advertising open positions;
· Recruiting: Seek qualified candidates who are a cultural fit for open positions, including Summer Interns, and actively build a pipeline of potential candidates for future needs;
· Interviewing and Hiring: Oversee the candidate interview process; i.e., screening, PI inventory administration, interviews, group interviews, background checks, and new hire paperwork;
· Onboarding: Partner with the Director of Engagement to ensure an effective employee onboarding process.
· Collaborate with the Director of Engagement to build processes that help assess the cultural fit of potential candidates.
· Conduct exit interviews and share learnings as appropriate in order to effect necessary change.
Employee Relations and Compliance
· Advocate for positive employer-employee relationships and practices that keep Pathfinder a healthy and vibrant workplace culture (a best place to work!).
· Provide support and guidance to leadership and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions or issues arise.
· Continually review policies and practices to ensure our compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
· Establish objectives, develop policies and procedures, maintain employee handbook, and ensure consistent and equitable application of personnel policies and procedures in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
· Ensure employer detailed records, including employee files, organizational charts, etc.
· Oversee employee disciplinary discussions, investigations, and terminations as necessary.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Partner with the COO to:
· Research and analyze compensation trends using annual ministry and non-ministry compensation data, and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the attraction and retention of top talent;
· Analyze and negotiate group health coverage rates, and administer benefit plans and cost structure for the staff.
· Administer disability and worker compensation programs and claims.
Training and Development
· Oversee the annual performance management process for all staff, which includes ensuring that employees properly complete their self-reviews, leaders properly and fairly complete their reviews of employees, and that the overall employee experience is a positive one.
· Support a culture of staff celebration and recognition for accomplishments and milestones (anniversaries, life milestones, beginnings and farewells, team achievements, and holiday celebrations).
· Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal professional development opportunities for employees, in collaboration with the Strategic Team.
· Collaborate with the Director of Engagement to leverage professional and life expertise to share in the Whole Life growth of Pathfinder staff.
Partner with the COO to:
· Develop and update safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
· Ensure a system is in place for recording workplace incidents, injuries, and near misses.
· Develop and implement safety training programs for employees.
· Communicate safety information to staff.
Church Member Advocate
· Work to ensure Pathfinder members and attendees feel seen, valued, and heard, by positively and proactively communicating with members who share feedback.
· Ensure a timely response (within 24-48 business hours) to feedback – negative, neutral, or positive.
· Follow-up with inactivations, transfers, etc., to gain insight and shared trends.
· Lead the weekly Member Success Team meeting, which is composed of representatives from our various ministry departments.
· Manage the Feedback Connection board within RockRMS (our member database).
· Ensure each situation is resolved, which may involve following up with colleagues regarding their assignments.
· Document and update Member Success Team policies and procedures.
· Report monthly on overall sentiment, identified patterns, etc.
Full-time position working 40+ hours a week with occasional weekend or evening responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Degree or certification in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or related field. Certified in Human Resources.
· Five plus years of progressive experience with demonstrated proficiency in all areas of Human Resources, including employee relations, employment and benefits laws, policies and procedures, and current trends.
· Demonstrated experience in employee relations, providing counsel to both leadership and employees.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations and facilitate meetings.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, ensuring compliance with privacy regulations and fostering an environment of trust and integrity.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Familiar with Microsoft and collaborative business tools with a willingness to learn.
· Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a member of, or willingness to join, Pathfinder Church.