Christ Church East Bay in Berkeley, California exists to lead people into a deeper relationship with Christ and His Church through community and for the city. They desire to guide a multiethnic and multigenerational community of explorers and disciples toward Christ as culturally thoughtful, warm-hearted, and Gospel-driven Christians. Currently, they are seeking a Worship Director to join their team. The Worship Director must have a passion for worship as a whole way of life directed toward the Kingdom of God and a desire to usher the Christ Church family into the presence of God. The role and responsibility is to oversee all elements of worship programming for Christ Church under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading all music ministries in the church
- Creating a process to develop the worship team (auditions, orientations, training sessions, team meetings, conferences, etc.) primarily from within the congregation
- Overseeing all areas of worship production (worship guide, worship slides, maintenance of church instruments and sound equipment, livestream)
- Shepherding, managing, and caring for all worship team and AV team volunteers and professionals
- Assisting in the spiritual care of the church (e.g. newcomers, regulars, members)
Skills you need to have:
- Ability to sing well and play and lead on at least piano or guitar
- Team player
Berkeley is a city with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Nestled just below the mountains, “the East Bay” has a population of around 685,000 people (Berkeley-Oakland area), boasting the urban, cultural life of San Francisco, the small feel of a university town, and the appeal of a recreational destination. Berkeley celebrates an academically charged community and its moderate climate attracts many of San Francisco’s young professionals who enjoy the beauty and aesthetics of East Bay life and a short commute to the heart of the city. The East Bay is an ethnically diverse and influential intersection where academia, government, media, technology, and global commerce converge.