Lutheran Church of the Cross of Altoona, Iowa, is a practical faith community looking for a Worship Director to join its team. This high-capacity leader will be alive and mature in their faith, yet humble in spirit and hungry to see the mission of God move forward. He/she will enjoy people and have the ability to build and maintain quality relationships. Excellent musical and vocal gifts are a must, as well as a genuine heart of worship. This servant-coach will train and equip others for ministry, work together with various teams, be organized and have solid communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing vision for the worship life of LCC, in coordination with the Senior Pastor and Worship Leadership Team
• Planning weekly contemporary worship and other special worship gatherings (music, video, drama, worship center aesthetics) in coordination with assigned themes
• Leading (and training others to lead) weekend worship
• Leading (and training others to lead) worship for Kids, Youth, and other ministries
• Coaching band members both musically and spiritually
• Mobilizing our worship teams into outreach opportunities
What you need to have:
• Team building
• Excellent vocal and musical gifts of guitar or keys
• Excellent communication both up-front and personal communication
• Able to lead worship for kids and youth
Located in close proximity to Des Moines, Altoona is a suburb of the capital city with a close-knit community feel. Altoona is home to many restaurants and entertainment venues, including a state-of-the-art theater, aquatic center, amusement park, horse racing, and many outdoor recreation opportunities. Within a short drive of the city, you will find water recreation (lakes and rivers) and parks for hiking, camping, and playgrounds. It’s just a short 10-minute drive to downtown Des Moines with many cultural, shopping, and dining options.
Does this sound like an environment where you would like to serve? Apply here: https://bit.ly/3zDo8jF